Tuesday, January 28, 2014

10 thoughts on...Inside Llewyn Davis

  1. Is this the Coens' most understated film? Whereas their protagonists usually find themselves forced into a life changing experience, Llewyn Davis fails to do so throughout the film. The only drama that is created within the film is created by himself, there is a very little help from the other characters or events.
  2. Carey Mulligan has a beautiful voice, and this song is rather heartbreaking.
  3. I'm not sure what I think about the cinematography, it's rather distracting and feels as if someone used instagram.
  4. Jean is a fascinating character, one who I would have liked to spend more time with. Her anger towards Llewyn is a hint at something much deeper. And Mulligan did a fantastic job.
  5. Oscar Isaac deserves more roles like this.
  6. This should have been Oscar nominated for Original Screenplay.
  7. F. Murray Abrahamson is an incredible actor. (I love Amadeus.)
  8. This is a quietly tragic film. And one that will linger.
  9. Garrett Hedlund is beautiful.
  10. I wish I knew more about the history of music, I'm sure I would have got much more from this film if I did.

No comments: