Monday, May 26, 2014

10 thoughts on...Cannes 2014

  1. This is the first year in three years that I wrote absolutely nothing about the festival. This is due to work rather than a lack of interest, I've eagerly followed the events and films as usual. 
  2. I'm looking forward to: Eleanor Rigby, Maps To The Stars, Mommy and Mr Turner.
  3. What will Ryan Gosling go on to do next? 
  4. The list of Best Actress winners at Cannes may be better than the Oscar list. Brenda Blethyn, Bette Davis (for All About Eve), Kirsten Dunst and Isabelle Huppert are just a handful of reasons why.
  5. It was incredibly moving to watch as Xavier Dolan did as everyone expected and impressed critics, audiences and the jury with his next feature that has established him as a key contemporary filmmaker. Hoorah.
  6. Uma Thurman is a goddess.
  7. I want to be there one year.
  8. It was a genuine surprise to hear Julianne Moore's name called for Best Actress as the reviews for the film weren't focused on her performance but this made the moment all the sweeter. She deserves recognition for her talent.
  9. I wish I could see Eleanor Rigby now.
  10. Nicole Kidman needs better movies.

No comments: