Thursday, August 14, 2014

10 thoughts on...Guardians of the Galaxy

  1. An epic science-fiction fantasy film should have a memorable score. Sadly this does not.
  2. It's great to see proper aliens on the big screen again.
  3. The tone of the film seems confused, in many ways it takes itself too seriously and then attempts to convince you that it's actually as laid back as its leading man. The Iron Man series manages to strike the right balance and that may be largely down to a more interesting and developed superhero.
  4. Chris Pratt smoulders too much.
  5. What is Glenn Close doing in this film? I'm hoping she had some terrific moments that somehow had to be cut from the final film, otherwise I hope she got a big paycheck.
  6. Why do all of the women - minus Glenn Close - have to walk as if they're on a catwalk? And why do they have to fight each other as they do in the climax here? It reminded me of Die Another Day, and that's never a great comparison.
  7. I can not see Karen Gillan at all.
  8. Zoe Saldana is unlikable.
  9. I'm usually charmed by Marvel films but this failed to impress...
  10. ...other thank Groot. Who I'm in love with.

No comments: