Monday, December 08, 2014

10 thoughts on...Birdman

  1. This is not the type of film I would have expected Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to make. 
  2. What an incredible cast. Truly. They all seem to have had their roles tailored to their strengths yet revealing more depth. Michael Keaton, Edward Norton and Emma Stone particularly.
  3. I always want to see more of Lindsay Duncan.
  4. This is very quotable.
  5. Sadly I don't think there is enough resonance for the film to be a considered a masterpiece, but it's so entertaining that I won't begrudge it when it does win some major awards.
  6. I need to rewatch Synecdoche, New York.
  7. It's much harder to celebrate ambition when it isn't highly exuberant and emotional, as many of the films that this reminds me of are.
  8. The music is incredible. Both the sweeping romance and the jazz.
  9. Emmanuel Lubezki is the guy to have on your crew if you want the camera to do dizzyingly spectacular movements.
  10. This is a fairly accurate representation of theatre life.

No comments: