Wednesday, January 14, 2015

10 thoughts on...Whiplash

  1. This is an incredibly well polished film, but one without heart. Rotten or otherwise. Why should we be interested in this story?
  2. I will be sad to see JK Simmons continue his award sweep for this role. I'm a big fan of his work (particularly in Juno) but it feels more like a showcase than an actor. 
  3. Austin Stowell is very attractive. 
  4. There are plenty of incredible films about ambition and selfish sacrifice. I think people should rewatch one of those instead.
  5. Are the actions of these characters supposed to be believable?
  6. Miles Teller is so good in Rabbit Hole.
  7. I wish homophobia was something of the past. 
  8. Where are the women?
  9. I'm going to have heated conversations about this film in future.
  10. If there's one film I wouldn't recommend to people this award season then this is it!

No comments: