Saturday, February 13, 2016

Top of the class. Romantic films for Valentine's Day

I am not one to celebrate this holiday, but I am very much someone who shouts about the joy of love - experiencing it, watching it and in both getting consumed by its giddiness. Below are ten films that never fail to sweep me off my feet. And yes, I've somewhat cheated with number 2 but who can deny Baz Luhrmann heady heights for romance?

10. Cinderella

9. The Sound of Music

8. The Quiet Man

7. Beauty and the Beast

6. Before Sunrise 

5. The Apartment 

4. Edward Scissorhands

3. True Romance 

2. Australia, Moulin Rouge!, Romeo + Juliet, Strictly Ballroom

1. Much Ado About Nothing 

Honorable mentions: All That Heaven Allows, CarolThe English Patient, Four Weddings and a Funeral, The Philadelphia Story, A Room with a View, Sense and SensibilityShakespeare in Love, Sleepless in SeattleWeekend

No comments: