Monday, January 09, 2017

10 thoughts on the Golden Globes 2017.

 
  1. Meryl Streep is a credit to Hollywood. There aren't many movie stars who would have gone up to receive a life time achievement award and used the opportunity to criticise their country's new leader whilst praising their industry. Shame she did diss other industries in the process but hopefully her words don't fall on deaf ears.
  2. The La La Land backlash is going to get increasingly worse after its seven wins last night. Shame.
  3. I would have been happy with any of the women nominated for Best Actress - Drama, but what a joy to see someone as monumental as Isabelle Huppert win in a foreign-language film against some awards favourites is special. She could win the Oscar.
  4. Ryan Gosling's acceptance speech was terrific. What a gent.
  5. Will Aaron Taylor-Johnson find himself with an Oscar nomination now? I'm a big fan of Nocturnal Animals but I'm not sure if his performance is the one I'd single out, even though I seem to like it more than most people online.
  6. Ruth Negga is magnetic. Loving better lead to more leading roles.
  7. Also, did Meryl Streep say 'Ireland' with an accent?
  8. I know I don't focus much on television but great to see The Crown, Olivia Colman and Claire Foy win.
  9. I'm not sad Mel Gibson didn't win.
  10. Can Moonlight win the Best Picture Oscar?

No comments: