Saturday, July 01, 2017

10 thoughts on...Baby Driver


  1. Edgar Wright jumps to the top of my list of directors I'd love to see make a movie musical.
  2. Lily James is a star. I wish she had more to do in this film (and a shame the standard love interest role exists in an otherwise progressive film) but when she's on screen it's wonderful.
  3. The first half of the film is fantastic - an exhilarating blend of filmmaking techniques that results in something special. Sadly the second half falls apart as characters developed dictated by story and nothing quite feels right.
  4. When will we see Kevin Spacey stretch his talent again?
  5. An obvious point but what a soundtrack!
  6. I'd like an alternative version where Drive meets Baby Driver. Perhaps they're both going for the same heist?
  7. I don't think I've ever wanted to drive fast in an expensive car. I don't get it.
  8. It's always nice to have Monsters Inc. referenced. An underrated Pixar movie.
  9. I love how much fun Jon Hamm has with his film choices. And he's always good, even here when he's given an underdeveloped role that doesn't quite convince in its twists and turns.
  10. Jamie Foxx didn't deserve that ending...

No comments: