Thursday, July 06, 2017

10 thoughts on...Spider-Man: Homecoming


  1. I can't believe I've seen so many superhero films this year...I'm not quite sure why this is other than I'm buying into the hype more than I ever did. Sadly I've been mostly dissatisfied with the trips, although entertained. I like my films with a bit of artistry which I feel is compromised in these films for wide audience appeal...
  2. ...thankfully they have been proving consciously diverse in their representations. Here the school is a wonderful melting pot of people that is rare on screen.
  3. I'm always glad to see Gwyneth Paltrow pop up on screen.
  4. I did enjoy the film but I did miss the larger presence of a relatively (in terms of comic book films) strong female character such as Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane. She was fantastic.
  5. Tobey Maguire may still be my favourite Spider-Man, although Tom Holland is incredibly charismatic.
  6. Is it wrong to find Tom attractive?!
  7. Michael Keaton is always fun to watch. Side note: deserved the Oscar for Birdman
  8. That scene in the car with Tom Holland and Michael Keaton is pretty wonderful and feels so unusual in such a big blockbuster film. Three characters in a dialogue driven scene for almost 10-15 minutes. 
  9. I don't know if I need another superhero movie in my lift for a while...
  10. ...but I am tempted to rewatch Sam Raimi's Spiderman.

No comments: